Sunday, January 26, 2014

FIBER!!!

No, not eating it......spinning it!  I am finally getting around to spinning the Leah's first shearing.  Since Rachel and Leah (we did not name them) are going to have to get their hairs cut soon, I thought (well, darling hubby thought) I had better get stuck in to doing something with the first batch!  I washed a bunch of Leah (the white) and have been carding it and spinning it.  I can't wait until I have a full skein!
Some of the locks are 10" long!

All picked and ready to card.....just like a cloud!

Almost a whole spool.

My Baines upright spinning wheel from New Zealand.

The poor wool is full of vegetation.  I may have to give up and take it to Arizona Fiber Mill for cleaning.  It is spinning up real nice and fine, though!
Leah's First Haircut

Leah's First Fleece

Leah
Rachel 

No comments:

Post a Comment