Sunday, January 26, 2014

More past projects

Sound of Music

Before/After
I bought 2 of these fun shabby chic chairs from my favorite Antique Strip Mall, but sadly, had to reupholster them to fit into the Von Trapp house for Sound of Music.  I also did a sofa and 2 other chairs for the show.  Nick Mozak, our designer from Chicago painted the wood, and I just kept on stapling.






I made 2 cute pillow to go on the sofa.....

Hay carpet
Kim mostly made this hay carpet thingy that went inside a hay cart.  She spent DAYS tying string and yarn to bird netting.  It was worth it in the end, as it has already been in two shows!  Doesn't it look like fluffy straw?

 I made this Prie-Dieu (a prayer kneeler) ALL BY MYSELF!  I am trying to work on my Prop Carpenter skills.  Sadly, it was cut from the show for needing to be placed in an awkward spot on the set that everyone was running into with their Nun Costumes!!  











Thanksgiving Lefse & Chocolate Covered Cherries

For Thanksgiivng, we went to Gramma's in Pahrump, Nevada.  We made over 200 chocolate covered cherries.  My Mom's recipes for both the cherries and the lefse have been used nearly EVERY YEAR for the past 50 or so!!!
Fondant of powdered sugar and Eagle Brand Milk

Dipped in any kind of melted chocolate

I felt like Lucille Ball with all that candy!



We had two lefse griddles going to make this traditional Norwegian  food that we always have around the holidays.  Spread with butter and sprinkled with sugar is my favorite way to eat it!


Arizona Craft Rave

Nickela & I had a table at the Arizona Craft Rave this year. Nikki taught how to make the cute butterfly necklaces, and I taught making charms and bobby pins with cabochons and fun beads and paper decoupage.  We had a blast!









Seven Brides for Seven Brothers

There are lots of fun props in Seven Brides!  I made 6 fake axes that men have to dance with, a fake stretched animal hide.  (When asked what animal, the scene shop boys thought I should say "Nawga"!)


Future Fake Axes


I also resolved myself to researching an making some snow shoes!  I got a bit obsessed.  They are a nice touch on the trapping cabin in the winter!  I dare say, they look pretty real....but I wouldn't test them against any polar bears!

No comments:

Post a Comment